Week after next, Tumblr will be in Austin to host a bunch of meetups, panels, and shows. Come join us!
Meetups and Events (open to everyone, even if you aren’t attending SXSW)
- March 10 @ 6:30pm: Tumblr presents: Fuck YEAH!!!, an interactive extravaganza with live music, GIF booth presented by The Daily Dot, and Tumblr arcade curated by Kill Screen.
- March 12 @ 4pm: Tumblr and SoundCloud Meetup at Waller Creek Boathouse, 74 Trinity Street. RSVP here.
- March 10 @ 5pm: Building Tools for Creativity
- March 11 @ 5pm: The Rise of the Planet of the Creatives
- March 12 @ 12:30pm: Fashion & Food: Transforming Visual NarrationHeading to SXSW too? Let’s us know and we’ll hang out.
For anyone who didn’t see it, let me tell you.
The Doctor’s a time traveler. He brought Vincent Van Gogh (who was severely depressed and lost hope in his ability and himself) to the future, to a museum where they are celebrating his art.
I don’t know if any of you are artists (drawing, writing, whatever), but being a writer, this scene moved me to tears. You’re your own worst critic, and feel like your stuff is complete shit sometimes…maybe even to the level of despair like Van Gogh. But imagine someone brought you to a world where people love and appreciate your art. Or it means something so special to them. The thought of it is overwhelming.
I just about died
I’m crying right now not even kidding.